Jersey Gas, part of IEG Group, has been a trusted and established company in Jersey for over 180 years.
We are going through an exciting phase of development and growth potential, and as a result are looking for Oil and/or Gas Service Technicians to join our expanding team.
If you are looking to join a forward thinking, progressive and leading brand on the Island then this could be the role for you.
Benefits: up to 30 days paid holiday (including stats), Private Health Insurance, Pension Scheme with Company matched contributions, Company vehicle, Work-wear, PPE, Generous overtime/standby rates.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Service and installation of all types of heating/hot water – domestic and commercial
- Work proactively and independently of direct or close supervision
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with company H&S procedures and Code of Practice
- Knowledge of gas appliances preferable, but not essential.
- Demonstrate understanding of technical/engineering standards and Codes of Practice within the heating industry
- Capable of completing small electrical works
- Expertise in fault finding on all appliances
- Hold a relevant OFTEC/Gas Safe qualification plus ideally have 5 years experience in the oil / heating, or similar industry environment
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of construction, operation and maintenance of oil equipment and commercial appliances
- Have good knowledge of Health & Safety principles and OFTEC/Gas Safe Safety Regulations.
- Hold valid relevant driving license.
Please submit your application in writing or email to:
Toni Bohan, Jersey Gas Co Ltd, Tunnell Street, St Helier, Jersey JE4 5RE
Email email@example.com or call: 01534 755507
Closing date for applications: Friday 24th Feb 2017